Audacity of God's Word (Conclusion)
TOPIC: AUDACITY OF GOD’S WORD (CONCLUSION)
TEXT: LUKE 5:1-9
MEMORY VERSE: “The sower soweth the word.” – Mark 4:14
I hope by now you have understanding about the power and authority in the Word of God, I urge you to always pray and act the Word; this is the secret of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and that of the great (wo)men of God living or dead, even though they died yet speaks.
Let us conclude this series by looking at some of the things that will make your words and that of God to be effective. For you to say a thing and come to pass you must do or have the following:
1) You must have a firm and constant relationship with God through His only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ. Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life. To have access to God, you must make His Son your best friend, let Him introduce you to His Father as His best friend and whatever you are looking for from the Father, you will get, even by your own words (John 14:6).
2) You must have an encounter with the Holy Spirit. Peter denied Jesus three times before the cockcrow. Remember, Peter had seen Jesus (the Word), had encountered with Him, walked with Him and he was a great follower, but at this time, he lacked power (Read Luke 5:5-9, Mark 14:58). The same Peter when the Power of the Holy Spirit came upon him (Acts 1:8; 2:1-4, 14-41) preached with boldness and power (his best message) and in one meeting, three thousand (3000) souls repented from their sins and became followers of Christ. Do you want God to honour your words always or you want the Word of God to prosper you? You need the baptism of the Holy Spirit and you must regularly ask for the fire and power of the Holy Spirit, Holy Spirit is the best friend of the Word of God.
3) Don’t be selfish. As I said in previous part, your motive is important when dealing with the Word. That which you are asking God to do, what is the purpose? Is it for the general good or for your own selfish interest? If what you are asking God to do will prosper many people or will be used for God’s purpose, you will definitely see the evidence of the Word.
4) Have strong faith. Mary said, “Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word.” (Luke 1:38, Hebrews 11). For without faith, it is impossible to please God, for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him. If you need evidence of God’s Word in your life and want your words to be confirmed in season and out of season, you must have strong believe in the Word. Against all hope, you must be hopeful; Abraham staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief. Stand firm on the Word of God no matter the situation, no storm can remove a (wo)man standing on the Rock of Ages, the Word Himself.
Don’t joke with the Word of God. Reference and honour the Word at every occasion and in all instances. Where others are playing and joking about the Word of God, flee. It is evil to joke with the Word. If you are joking with the Word, speak sluggishly about the Word, you will pay for it and you shall give account on the day of judgement – Matthew 12:36.
6) Be a man of praying. Spend some times in praying; be conscious of the Word even when you are walking or working. Elijah prayed, Jesus prayed, Peter prayed and the rest Apostles; you too must pray. Pray until you become a prayer and at anytime you speak the Word, you will see instant answer.
7) Be a praise addict. Be addicted to praise, wherever praises and thanksgiving to God is, definitely the Word of God must come. Beloved, if you want to enjoy God and want His answers quick, quick; dress yourself with garment of praise and make this your attitude, nothing can stop you from getting anything from God. Do you remember David? Be like him.
“To have access to God, you must make His Son your best friend, let Him introduce you to His Father as His best friend and whatever you are looking for from the Father, you will get even by your own words.”